Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ron Evers
Contributing MemberPosts: 935Gear list
Like?
Re: Landscape photography with Panasonic 100-300mm
In reply to Dheorl, Nov 15, 2012

Dheorl wrote:

Ron Evers wrote:

Nice shots but way to narrow a field of view to call a landscape.

-- hide signature --

The wood is clear between the knots.

"Landscape photography is a genre intended to show different spaces within the world, sometimes vast and unending, but other times microscopic. This popular style of photography is practiced by professionals and amateurs alike"

Taken from that oh so wonderful source - wikipedia

So out of curiosity what would you call them? They're not portraits, street shots, macro, stills life, wildlife (well, i guess maybe for the cow shots), astrophotography, glamour, high key, low key, light painting... I could go on.

To me landscape seems like the most fitting description. Landscape =/= wide angle. I suppose you could argue a case for the term abstract but still.

To the OP - I like them. Landscapes with a long lens is never something I've had an eye for. I'm also always dissapointed how much atmospheric interferance over longer distances can ruin the sharpness of a photo. Your's look pretty good in this respect though at a quick glance.

If I must be pinned down, I would call them nice nature shots.

-- hide signature --

The wood is clear between the knots.

Ron Evers's gear list:Ron Evers's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow