Fuji X-E1, Olympus E-PL5, or Sony NEX6?

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
seachicken2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,682Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-E1, Olympus E-PL5, or Sony NEX6?
In reply to Jennyhappy2, Nov 14, 2012

Jennyhappy2 wrote:

Does Sony offer a 35mm f1.8 Prime Fixed Lens for the Sony NEX6?

The answer to this is complex. Right now there's a 35mm f/1.8 on the A-mount that can be used on the NEX via the LA-EA2 adapter. It's actually a good lens, and very cheap, but the combination will be a little large. I guess there are other A-mount lenses too, like the Sigma 35mm f/1.4.

There's an E-mount 35mm f/1.8 that's about to be released over the next few weeks. There's only one test of it so far, but it seems to be a very good lens. It differs from the Fuji and Panasonic lenses in that it's stabilized. [link to the test]

The Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 and Fuji 35mm f/1.4 are also both excellent IMO, so if this is the focal length you most want there are great options in all the systems you're interested in.

In the Sony system, there's also the Sigma 30mm f/2.8 which is well-liked, and in the Spring in the Fuji and Sony systems a Zeiss Planar 32mm f/1.8 is coming. I'd expect this to be superb, but Zeiss have stated it will cost around $1000.

In your shoes I'd definitely look hard at the Fuji. Fuji JPG quality is famously good, both in terms of color and high-ISO noise. The 35mm f/1.4 lens (to my eyes, your mileage may vary) is a real beauty, and is the standout lens in the Fuji system. I've seen prints 3m wide from this lens, and they look amazing.

-- hide signature --

"The only thing that gets in the way of a really good photograph, is the camera"
Norman Parkinson

seachicken2000's gear list:seachicken2000's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow