Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
D700man
Regular MemberPosts: 246
Like?
Re: New 50mm lens for my D600
In reply to Ash83, Nov 14, 2012

Ash83 wrote:

Hello All,

I am researching to buy a 50mm to use on my D600 as a walk around lens (I already have a Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 and a Sigma 70-200 f2.8)

I narrowed it down to the two G lenses from Nikon 1.4G and 1.8G, all the reviews I read online and saw on youtube mentioned that the 1.4G is soft at 1.4 which I think is a show stopper for me to pay $200 more over the 1.8G for a lens that I cannot use wide open.

My question is , I could not find a Pepsi challenge review where if I want to shoot both at f1.8, f2 up to f8 (I do not think I will go all the way up to f22 or f 16 ), which one is better (sharper , focus fast ...etc) ?

-- hide signature --

AsH

I do not have any experience with the 1.8G but I do own the 1.4G and have used it wide open numerous times.  This photo was at 1.4.  I wish I had the exif data but I'm at work and ripped it from my FB page.  But I can assure you its 1.4 with focus on the eyes because I remember taking time in making sure he was very still and I was very steady for this shot knowing the aperture was wide open.

-- hide signature --

www.brentpearcy.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow