Lens "colour rendition"

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
eques
Senior MemberPosts: 1,623Gear list
Like?
individual differences?
In reply to jalywol, Nov 14, 2012

jalywol wrote:

I've always assumed it was due to the coatings and types/quality of the glass used in the lenses.

I can give you a list of visible color differences that are produced by my lenses I happen to own....

Panasonic

14-45mm: Compared to the 14-140mm and the 14-42mm, this lens imparts a darkish blue cast to its output (especially obvious in leaves and water). It's the only thing I do not like about it.

mine is distinctly "warm"; see my earlier post to this thread.

Vintage lenses:

Nikon

Micro-Nikkor 55mm f3.5 NON-AI. This lens is a great lens, but it's OLD and it has some funky coatings. None of my M43's would AWB correctly with it, so I MUST use manual WB, and then the results are fine. Without manual WB, its output has a pinkish/brownish cast!

My AI micro nikkor 55mm f3.5 is very slightly on the "cool" side, but more neutral than the 14-45

I'd be interested in what other people have noticed about their lenses, also....

-J

My most neutral lens is the Samsung 7,5mm FE lens.

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow