Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
abelits
Contributing MemberPosts: 675Gear list
Like?
Photos made with X-Pro 1 in various lighting conditions
Nov 14, 2012

Over the last two months I made some photos with X-Pro 1, and it looks like it now covers a very wide range of lighting conditions -- from a live show in a nightclub to sunny streets. I guess, may be useful as a reference and/or someone may want to point our any visible problems.

I have posted the photos at http://abelits.smugmug.com ("Main" gallery contains all the photos now, other galleries are subsets).

Most of them are OOC JPEGs, however some (with "edited" in file name) are edited in Gimp. Of those, the majority is converted to TIFF with Silkypix before loading into Gimp.

Interestingly enough, some live show photos ended up being made as combinations of layers of OOC JPEG and Silkypix TIFF, and even OOC JPEG and RAW file loaded into Gimp with UFRaw. The latter produces good results when noise filtering performed by Silkypix is inadequate or very difficult to adjust (image looks either very grainy or out of focus). For those images I load RAW image with UFRaw (noise, zippers and all), resize it to 200%, run Despeckle filter with radius 2 or 3, then resize it back to the original size.

abelits's gear list:abelits's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Epson Stylus Photo R3000 +10 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow