ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lwalter
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Anybody has both NEX and Fuji X-E1?
Nov 14, 2012

Dear Nex users,

I have a NEX 5N and I'm perfectly happy with the quality of images I get from it. As I use almost exclusively manual lenses (Canon FD, Minolta Rokkor or M rangefinder), I like the fact that they all work great on the 5N, even the wide angle ones, and I like the focus peaking feature. More, I like the fact that the 5N is small. Last, I can no longer live without the touch screen, because it allows for such a fast way to focus on a non-center area.

But, the 5N looks like a smartphone with lenses and, although it has customizable buttons, it lacks physical buttons for the most used parameters.

Recently I saw this Fuji X-E1 and now I wonder if it could replace my 5N, still to use my manual lenses.

Has anybody used both? If yes, what would be your advice, according to my above needs: stay with 5N or move to XE-1?

(FYI, I had a Fuji X-100 before the 5N, was very happy with its handling and pictures, but had to return it because of the sticky blades issue.)

lwalter's gear list:lwalter's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Voigtlander 12mm F5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar +10 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow