Like?
Re: D 800E Wedding Photographers please comment
In reply to 5tve, Nov 14, 2012

5tve wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

5tve wrote:

Darren Langdon wrote:

5tve wrote:

Maybe these guys would try Joe McNally's technique. He's a very well respected professional photographer who really knows his $hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDsx3-FWfwk

That's what I use Da Grip its amazing how slow a shutter speed you can use if you practise.

My technigue is more like this Guy but my left hand grips my right wrist

http://photocreative365.com/the-steady-grip-holding-your-camera-in-low-light

Problem is at this shutter, you will find mirror slap a problem and mirror up mode is difficult/odd to use when not on a tripod - I guess you can do it with alot of practice. Thanks for showing.

I'm not using mirror up or exposure delay mode the only thing I do is instead of pressing the shutter is roll my finger over it & shoot after exhale.

Any left eye shooter who use's the camera-grip can learn the technigue in minutes using a 1/5th of a second is possible but meeds more pracise & is not very usefull but being able to shoot at half x the focal length when needed is very handy.

1/10th sec ISO 800 f2.8 focal length 62mm

And finally one at 1 second using my elbows in a doorframe its a mixture: subject movement blur me & camera which is worse on the right of the photo & improves towards the left of the photo the wallpaper is reasonably sharp if you don't pixel peep.

All I can tell you is even with a heavy tripod, shooting at below 1/15 and slower I notice a shot that has mirror up vs when mirror up isn't used. The slap of the mirror shows ever so slightly at these speeds. It's a big mirror and it decelerates with a clack and a fair bit of vibration.

I think that "McNally's" technique is great and very useful but at 100% resolution on a D800 it's not gonna be sharp sharp when you are at 1/5 or a second without a tripod and mirror up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow