Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
TomJD
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Re: Why is pic so dark?
In reply to WilbaW, Nov 14, 2012

WilbaW wrote:

TomJD wrote:

I'm wondering if you had given your flash sufficient time to "charge up", either not enough time upon start-up, or too soon after shooting a previous picture.

I'm guessing if that were true there wouldn't be a main flash reflected in the window.

-- hide signature --

Check out the unofficial Rebel Talk FAQ - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Good point, WilbaW.  I know when the flash "ready" lamp illuminates that sufficient charge is present in the capacitor to provide a "full power" shot.  I'm not sure if you can still fire the flash before that point, or if the flash is completely disabled until the "ready" charge level is reached. (I should test my own equipment and see how it responds.)  The former situation could give a weak underpowered flash that would be both visible in the reflection and underexpose the scene, but I would guess the flash would be badly undercharged to give the OP's result.  If the latter, then you are correct.... the reflection in the glass indicates the flash (presumably fully charged) did fire and that some other factor is at play here.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow