NEX 6 fails video test from Sonyrumors

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
jonzalez
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 6 fails video test from Sonyrumors
In reply to ArticVideo, Nov 14, 2012

Well, I have been quite happy with the video quality of my SLT-A55 and when I received my NEX-6 two weeks ago I immediately shot some clips with the kit lens and edited them together with the A55 clips. I did not saw any disturbing visual problems with NEX-6 clips although I even did not used the highest possible quality. Instead I shot clips using the lower quality MP4 compression which turned out quite good and was also much easier to edit.

For my eyes the NEX-6 video quality seems to be at least on the same level than A55, which have been easily good enough for my purposes. NEX-6 also have more options with video frame rate and progression, so this should make it even better video camera than A55. Unfortunately Sony didn't put the mic input on NEX-6, but hopefully Sony or someone else is releasing soon some accessory to enable connecting external mic into it. The hot shoe has the connections for this.

You also have to remember that we are not talking about very expensive high end video camera here, but just a nice small hybrid camera with exceptional photo and video quality for it's size and price. There are much better video cameras out there, but they are also much more expensive and bigger size.

Here is a link to video, which i shot with both the A55 + Tokina 11-16 combo and NEX-6 with 16-50 mm PZ kit lens.

jonzalez's gear list:jonzalez's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 Sony SLT-A58 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow