Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
soapstar
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
monitor for srgb image editing
Nov 14, 2012

looking for help on buying a monitor for web and image editing and general all round use with light game use. The most important thing first off is the best srgb match. I work in srgb and i find it confusing as to what provides the best math, whether its wide gamut or not. As i understand it the wide gamuts actually wotk in adobe rgb and when working in srgb use colour matching. I see comments that the matching can be be worse that monitors that are not wide gamut and use only srgb, but then there srgb range may be poor. So whats better, a badly matched aadobe>srgb or srgb only where the colours may fall short of even 80% full srgb.

Looking at 24 and 27 inch models the choice coming back to dell 2410, but everything seems a trade off in one area or the other. I wonder what you guys would say would best fit my requirements of a good/best accurate/full srgb match ( i will hardware calibrate).

also as i sue this 14 hours plus daily something that is going to minimize eye strain i.e. low flicker, not over bright.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow