Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
chromnd
Regular MemberPosts: 341Gear list
Like?
Re: Focusing speed NEX 6/5R + LA-EA1
In reply to paul1508, Nov 14, 2012

paul1508 wrote:

chromnd wrote:

I have a NEX-6, LA-EA1 and the SAL3518. Actually using the adapter will disable PDAF and CD-AF is still slow as hell. I do not see any improvement compared to my NEX-3 on this.

For this reason, I use this lens 99% in manual mode, also with my new NEX-6.

I guess you have no possibility to test the LA-EA2 adapter? I hope Sony will fix this soon, because there is no need for LA-EA2 anymore (except better tracking like the a99)

Unfortunately I don't own the LA-EA2. I would not count on Sony to enable PDAF for LA-EA1 in the future, because even the native E-Mount lenses need a software update to support PDAF. So for some reason, there seems to be some extra information/functionality necessary, that the lenses have to provide.

As it's very unlikely, that non E-Mount lenses like the SAL35f18 will get a NEX specific update, I doubt this feature will ever come for such lenses.

This is only my guess, because I have not the faintest idea, what extra functionality inside the lens is required to support PDAF on the NEX.

chromnd's gear list:chromnd's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow