Dayhike pack that will hold a DSLR and Tripod

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gelbvieh
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Re: Lowepro Photo Sport 200
In reply to mosswings, Nov 14, 2012

Well I use a Lowepro Photo Sport 200 and it was made for day hiking, mountain biking, etc.  Its a proper day pack made to carry a camera, not the other way round.

In mine I have a 450D and 70-300 L IS USM (attached) and a 100mm L or my 17-55 f/2.8 in the photo compartment, which has side entry.  Either inside the bag down the side of the camera compartment or outsidethe bag a tripod, a water baldder in the bladder section (can be used for a netbook or tablet instead of water).  In the top if I am off for a day hike I can add a waterproof jacket, binos, lunch, wallet, keys, sunblock, gloves, hat and anything else I choose to put in there.  The actually capacity is heaps more than it looks.  There is a water bottle pocket on the outside too but its use depends on what you have down beside the camera compartment in the bag.

The other thing I like is that the photo compartment can be tightened to stop your camera equipment bouncing about, very good for mountain biking.  The pack sits very well on my back and shoulders and it has a decent waistband that works as it should.

Out of all my kit there is two pieces I would replace no questions asked, the first is my 70-300mm L IS USM, the second is my Lowepro Photo Sport.

Gelbvieh

Gelbvieh's gear list:Gelbvieh's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow