Lumix GX1, Lumix LX7 and Nikon D300s dilemma !!!

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
brentener
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Re: Lumix GX1, Lumix LX7 and Nikon D300s dilemma !!!
In reply to captura, Nov 14, 2012

I own an LX-3, which I want to sell. Since the advent of the Sony RX-100, the others are becoming obsolete in the compact class. The OP is considering a very good but unstabilized Olympus lens, and wanting to mount that on an unstabilized Panasonic body. Not advised. My suggestion; if you want that lens, get the OMD ME-5. Owners seem to like them. Recently, there have been cheaper reconditioned units coming on the market.

This is an interesting point. I wasn't aware, that with the GX1 9-18 combo I'd loose the VR. Another option would be the 12-35, which has VR. But it's out of question for the price they ask for (I know it's a 'pro' lens). As I wanted to stick with Lumix, the Oly was out of question. Maybe I'll take a look at it !!!!

It all depends on what I want to carry around on hiking trips (like the Coast2coast walk). It would be a shame to make a trip of a lifetime without the best IQ possible (which would be the D300s). If I think about the landscape of Lake District, Peak District and the Yorkshire Dales, well the d300s would be the best option.

brentener's gear list:brentener's gear list
Nikon D300S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow