advice asked for the operation of Epson printer

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Questions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,684Gear list
Like?
Re: advice asked for the operation of Epson printer
In reply to lukaswerth, Nov 14, 2012

I can't speak to your extreme weather conditions, but I'll give you my experience on the rest.

I have a 3880.  It's a major joy in my life.  For me, the search for the perfect print is as much fun as shooting the images.  I'm not a pro but a serious enthusiast.

I sometimes go months between printing sessions.  I turn the printer off when not in use and I keep it covered with a Tumi cover to keep out dust.  In almost 3 years I've not had a single head clog.  I run a nozel check when I fire up the 3880 after extended periods of non-use but so far no problems.  I'm still on my original ink set so I obviously don't print in high volume.  Prints still look as stellar as when the printer was new.

There's always a learning curve with high-quality printers but this Epson has required zero maintenance and requires no rocket science to operate.  I wish I could say the same about all of the older Epsons I used to own!  

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow