Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay A
Senior MemberPosts: 1,068
Like?
Strange Behavior in Manual Focus with XE-1
Nov 14, 2012

I purchased an XE-1 the other day and almost immediately noticed this strange behavior...
When I put the camera into manual focus, I saw that the manual focusing was very quick and I was happy about that. However, when I pressed halfway down on the shutter release, I noticed while looking through the viewfinder that the camera focused again as if it was still in auto focus. Not sure exactly why it would do that, I did a test where I did one shot manually focusing on a subject and another where I had left the manual focus purposely on a different subject at a different distance. In each situation, the half press seemed to cause the camera to auto focus (at least it did so on the lcd through the viewfinder) but only the one in which I did manually focus correctly came out in focus in the photographs.
Thinking that this was just a strange quirk to this camera, I didn't think much more of it, but later that night I tried all this again and this time, anytime I half pressed on the shutter button, it did NOT auto focus in the viewfinder as it had been doing earlier in the day. Everything worked the way I would think it should work in manual focus.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow