Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stflbn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152Gear list
Like?
Re: From NEX to SLT...am I mad??
In reply to Elyharbour, Nov 14, 2012

I followed the same route.

Nex-5n
ended up buying Viewfinder, LA-EA2 adapter, etc for it. Loved the quality and look of the photo's but wanted more variety of lenses and wanted access to actual long lenses that don't exist on Nex. By using LA-EA2 I was losing stabilization on Nex, and no In Body Stabilization from Alpha mount.

went to A65
Loved the quality and size of the camera enough that I ended up returning it and moving up to the A77 mainly for the Micro Adjustment.

went to A77

Since moving to the A77 i've (like many) shuffled through lenses and have finally ended where I feel is good for me.

Sony 16-50 2.8
Sigma 50 1.4
Sigma 50-150 2.8
Sony 70-400
Tamron 90 macro

I also keep a couple Jupiter and Helios lenses around that I play around with when looking for something different visually.

The only thing I miss about the Nex-5n I had is that I feel there was a certain character and PoP to it's shots that came easier than on the A77.

If there was an  A57 with Micro Adjustment I'd be on board at least for a backup to the A77.

Stflbn's gear list:Stflbn's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow