Nikon D600 gold award

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 18,953Gear list
Like?
Re: Although I think the D600 is 1 or 1.5 stops better than the A99, I'd still give it Silver...
In reply to NPPhoto, Nov 14, 2012

NPPhoto wrote:

I have slobered enough over both those cameras and while the D600 is a good camera, it feels clumsy in the hands. There is no articulating screen, MFA, etc. The A99 has come a long way in terms of high iso but it is still a stop or stop'n'half behind the D600. But, there are numerous other pro friendly features in the A99 that should land it the gold award. Not that I care but it should. It is a beautiful handling camera and does not feel clumsy at all.

How do you determine that? Using the IR Comparator the A99 is nearly as good at iso1600 as the D600 is at iso100 but at iso3200 and above the D600 jumps ahead. It appears to me that Sony is being overly aggressive with NR at iso3200 and up. To truly make such a comparison you must use RAW.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

-- hide signature --
 tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm?New
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow