Updated US Delivery Estimates for XE1 18-55mm kits?

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
lacroix75
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Re: Updated US Delivery Estimates for XE1 18-55mm kits?
In reply to Signalz1123, Nov 14, 2012

It is frustrating indeed!

I ordered my kit on Sept 6th and just this week the Bodies are starting to barely trickle into the US market.  I suspect that this is a calculated marketing approach by Fuji to get you to possibly cancel the Kit order out of frustration and opt for a body instead so they can boost sales of other lenses.

From my research on the 18-55 OIS kit lens, it's an amazing little lens and super sharp, which will eventually compete with their fixed, 18, 35, and 60mm since it covers a similar focal range. see this review: http://www.flixelpix.com/life/review-fujifilm-x-e1/

Also, not to mention that if the lens is purchased alone, you'll end up paying $700 US whereas you're getting it for $400 in the kit, so if I was their marketing director, I wouldn't rush it to market either and let people opt for individual item purchases; mo-money for Fuji.

Let's hope I'm wrong guys because I want mine today too chances are that we will see the kit being available right after Thanks Giving in time for the holidays

No offense to the rest of the world but I'm surprised that Fuji made this camera available everywhere else first instead of the US market; we consume pretty much at a greater rate than anywhere else in the world so that's another marketing mystery to me!!! who cares, I want mine too...

lacroix75's gear list:lacroix75's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D40 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow