Which is the best DSLR camera for video shooting purpose?

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Questions thread
KAllen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,734Gear list
Like?
Re: Which is the best DSLR camera for video shooting purpose?
In reply to masud37, Nov 14, 2012

masud37 wrote:

Could anyone please help me with some suggestions/recommendations:

Which is the best DSLR camera for video shooting purpose?

Which will be the next version/feature (DSLR) in Canon EOS Camera lineup?

With thanks,

I'm using a 1D X. For what you don't get with a DSLR when shooting video it works for me.

As I'm shooting it mounted  and doing mostly stills all at infinity. It works OK. If I was shooting lots of video mounted on a tripod I would look for a dedicated video camera. You need a rig to handhold a DSLR for video and ideally a larger monitor, not having ND filters built in can be fiddly too. By the time you have a decent rig and monitor, video cameras start to look a good alternative.

Lots of quality stuff gets shot with DSLR's but don't forget most of the big promos have teams of experts and all the right add ons to make it work. And the vast majority of pro video's are not shot with DSLR's for very good reasons.

Your intended use is what will decide if it's good enough.

If it's something you think you can add onto a wedding package while shooting the stills, I think you might have a surprise coming. If it's just for a bit of fun then anything is pretty good.

I can't think a naked DSLR would be easy to shoot something like a wedding with or eng type jobs. Don't depend on software to smooth it out, the drop in quality is quite noticeable.

Kevin.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow