DP a99 studio samples

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
rio911
Contributing MemberPosts: 962Gear list
Like?
Re: DP a99 studio samples
In reply to kvken, Nov 14, 2012

kvken wrote:

I didn't read the whole d600 review but for me yes it would be worth the extra 700. The EVF the 3way screen and the lighter weight is worth it. Not to mention I would lose more than that in changing brands . I think as more time goes on we will see the a99 out class the d600 there is already rumblings about the af is too slow in low light we know the Sony af is great. For me the bigger question is can justify an upgrade from the a77. I don't make a living with the camera. It's just a toy. I think if I sell the 77 the upgrade will be about 1800 to 2000 For me. I could put a lot of chrome on my Harley for that. Keep shooting and have fun.

Hi kvken,

My situation was different and still the result was the same as your current setup (I'm also an enthusiast shooter).  I recently bought my A77 with kit 16-50 lens.  While considering the purchase, I realized that for the same price, ~£1200, there are other options some of them full frame: A99 (price too high), second hand A900/A850 and brand new FF Canon/Nikon (systems change for me).

Had a look at them and realized that I don't need FF for playing around... so I bought the A77, but getting to grips with the noise at low ISO is proving a challenge for me.  But that's another story...

Also let's wait and see the real comparison between A99 and D600.  The D600 review is from the wrong point of view, to judge the A99 performance!  Still some people say that they are not the same class, but the problem is that the A99 can almost match the D600 in IQ and focus speed, then how can you expect it to be in the same class as 5D3, D800 etc.

rio

rio911's gear list:rio911's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow