Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Meyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,349Gear list
Like?
Re: Dreaming large...
In reply to tt321, Nov 14, 2012

tt321 wrote:

s_grins wrote:

Universal Zoom 11-220/1.2 through... compact, not bigger than my 14-45...with internal zoom... and Macro... and sealing all around... and at last OIS for those who need it ( I do not).

Yes, I want it to be priced not more than $800. If others think that my dream is too expensive, I'll edit price tag for free.

If this lens gets made and is of good optical quality, i.e. matching the existing primes at similar FL and aperture settings, there will be a substantial number of people buying it even if they sell it at 10x your stated price, provided it is not more than 1.5 kg.

Think about it. A less than 2 kg system with a 20x f1.2 zoom of true wide angle and true telephoto coverage and full M4/3 picture quality. Macro and sealing provisions too. How much would it be worth? Less than 10k? A bargain!

The physics of such a lens simply don't work. I don't think you could build this at your stated weight at any price. It would also be so large you couldn't effectively use it on any of the smaller m43 bodies.

I'm pretty sure tt321 wasn't really serious.

-- hide signature --

OM-D for sale; see classifieds forum.

Bob Meyer's gear list:Bob Meyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow