Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,604Gear list
Like?
GoPro or 12-35mm F2.8 lens with GH3?
Nov 14, 2012

I have been shooting with my GH2 and GoPro Hero3 Black simultaneously for a few weeks now and I am getting the GH3 in two weeks. I bought the 35-100mm F2.8 lens last week and I wanted to get the 12-35mm F2.8 lens as well. However, I just couldn't afford both lenses.

Instead I decided to get the GoPro Hero 3 Black which shoots excellent 2.7K @ 30 FPS video and covers ultra wide angle(Something like 7mm-28mm Full Frame).

I mount my GoPro on the Hotshoe of the GH2 and film simultaneously with both. Also the GoPro has a handy remote that I control with my left hand and then I control the GH2 with my right hand.

Here is a video that shows footage from both. NOTE: This was the first video I shot with the GoPro so I didn't know what its limitations were. It should be very obvious which shots were with the GoPro. However, I must say that the GoPro fared much better in outdoor shown below the first video.

The 2.7K @ 30 FPS mode is my favorite. However, the 1080p @ 60 FPS medium angle of view is very good as well. Can you tell what clips were taken with what camera and what resolution and frame rate they were?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r2OKD_htXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNqNIOm3CY0

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow