GoPro or 12-35mm F2.8 lens with GH3?

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,092Gear list
GoPro or 12-35mm F2.8 lens with GH3?
Nov 14, 2012

I have been shooting with my GH2 and GoPro Hero3 Black simultaneously for a few weeks now and I am getting the GH3 in two weeks. I bought the 35-100mm F2.8 lens last week and I wanted to get the 12-35mm F2.8 lens as well. However, I just couldn't afford both lenses.

Instead I decided to get the GoPro Hero 3 Black which shoots excellent 2.7K @ 30 FPS video and covers ultra wide angle(Something like 7mm-28mm Full Frame).

I mount my GoPro on the Hotshoe of the GH2 and film simultaneously with both. Also the GoPro has a handy remote that I control with my left hand and then I control the GH2 with my right hand.

Here is a video that shows footage from both. NOTE: This was the first video I shot with the GoPro so I didn't know what its limitations were. It should be very obvious which shots were with the GoPro. However, I must say that the GoPro fared much better in outdoor shown below the first video.

The 2.7K @ 30 FPS mode is my favorite. However, the 1080p @ 60 FPS medium angle of view is very good as well. Can you tell what clips were taken with what camera and what resolution and frame rate they were?

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow