Nikon D600 gold award

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
rob asnong
Regular MemberPosts: 372Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D600 gold award
In reply to Karl Scharf, Nov 14, 2012

I compared the A99 with the D800 and 5DmkIII all in my hands.

I can tell you that I just ordered an A99.

What is the only potential contra for the Sony (for me)? The 1/5 stop light loss? But more than good enough in real shooting conditions as is proved enough by now. Some will say the EVF too but for me it is a BIG pro!

What are the pro's (for my taste):

* articulated LCD, I can't miss it anymore;

* the fantastic EVF, I can't miss it anymore either (after 35 years of OVF!!), discussed enough already;

* the Minolta heritage of color handling;

* MFNR: I use it a lot in low light situations on my A77, many times not even mentioned in reviews but a real nice feature;

* Focus peaking: well again this feature reinvent in some way manual focusing and is a real joy to use; I use my old manual lenses more and more;

* the A99 body just fits much better in my hands the any other camera and I try them all. Maybe not so important but for me it is as a work with camera's several hours a day;

* I even hope that the sound is as much appealing as the one on the A77. I know, it is not much worth mentioning it, but for me it is again a nice plus, working hours a day with a camera;

Conclusion for me is that all these cameras do well quality wise these days but that the ergonomic handling and other comfort items, such as EVF with it's information, focus peaking, MFNR, etc. are more important than before.

Rob

-- hide signature --

www.picasaweb.google.be/alphamember

rob asnong's gear list:rob asnong's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm?New
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow