Nikon D600 gold award

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
fjbyrne
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,201
Like?
Don't forget it's a Nikon
In reply to Ralf B, Nov 14, 2012

Ralf Bliesener wrote:

Oil on the sensor, a dim viewfinder put to shame by the a900/a850 OVF, and an all-plastic build according to iFixit's tear-down:

D600 all plastic

The D600 LCD not only does not fold out, it is actually fused to the rear case, and cannot be swapped without replacing the entire back of the camera. The D600 looks like an entry level body with an FF sensor slapped in. It will surely find its market.

While the a99 price of 2800 $ / Euro is too close to the current D800 street prices IMHO, the D600 price point appears as justified at first glance - until you remember what price point the a850 was sold at.

I can only speak from my admittedly limited experiences here in the USA.  If Nikon/Canon and Sony produced an identical camera expect for the logo the Sony would have to be priced significantly cheaper to even get close to the Nikon/Canon sales numbers.  So even though the A99 is better spec'd than the D600 IMO it needs to be priced the same to cancel out the Nikon/Canon effect and take any sales from the D600.  Of course Sony would still need to effectively advertise and train sales people as well so I am not holding my breath.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm?New
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow