GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,790Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-6 so far...
In reply to RMS2012, Nov 14, 2012

RMS2012 wrote:

malch wrote:

RMS2012 wrote:

but it REALLY does need a pancake lens that matches the 35mm FOV though! (maybe if I write it often enough Sony will take note!)

The new 35mm f/1.8 shipping next month isn't a pancake but it could prove a very fine lens with AF and OSS. Per the specs it's size is almost exactly the same as the 16-50.

If the optical performance lives up to expectations, this will be my walkabout lens.

I agree with you entirely and will probably buy one too, but as you know it converts to around 50mm FOV on APS.

I'm brought up on 35mm FOV (Olympus XA, Mju2, Contax T3, Konica Hexar are all amongst my fave cameras) and I've really enjoyed the Fuji X100 but in the end wanted more versatility...

Perhaps Sigma will launch a 24mm f2 - fingers crossed!

What about Sony's upcoming "snap pancake" (see the lens map)?  This needs to be 24mm in my mind!  Maybe they'll go with 28mm.  It shouldn't compete with the CZ too much, as the quality would be different, but there's always the danger that someone would find the quality good enough on the cheaper lens, so maybe  y'all are right that Sony is "protecting" that FL, but it makes more sense to me that there is a different market for the CZ.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow