Lumix GX1, Lumix LX7 and Nikon D300s dilemma !!!

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,932Gear list
Like?
Re: Lumix GX1, Lumix LX7 and Nikon D300s dilemma !!!
In reply to sderdiarian, Nov 14, 2012

sderdiarian wrote:

dscottsatx wrote:

Keep your GX1 and get an LX5. They've already dropped to $250 here in the US. You'll still get your 24mm and excellent macro capability.
The LX7 is slightly better in some areas, but not as much better as the current price differential.

The LX7is currently discounted to $410 on Amazon. It's features offer a substantial upgrade over the LX5 including a much faster lens (f1.4-2.3 vs.f2.0-3.3). Take a look:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-lx7/

Also read user reviews on Amazon, some are very helpful.

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

The OP just got rid of his LX-5! Why would he want to get another?

I own an LX-3, which I want to sell. Since the advent of the Sony RX-100, the others are becoming obsolete in the compact class. The OP is considering a very good but unstabilized Olympus lens, and wanting to mount that on an unstabilized Panasonic body.  Not advised.       My suggestion; if you want that lens, get the OMD ME-5.  Owners seem to like them. Recently, there have been cheaper reconditioned units coming on the market.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow