The memories remain: adios 1000D

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
zambie
Regular MemberPosts: 454Gear list
Like?
Re: The memories remain: adios 1000D
In reply to Pitbullo, Nov 14, 2012

Pitbullo wrote:

Lets hope the new lens lives up to your expectations, as it seems it has big shoes to fill! Your 1000D has served you well it seems. The photos are stunning! You have a good eye for composition, and technically the pictures are perfect. Great work!

the 1000D has definitely been great for me ... in a lot of cases, I find myself having to work extra hard to get my 7D pictures looking upto the mark as compared to the effort I had to spend on my 1000D ... funny ... but I think it's one of those things like when you upgrade to a new audio system/ set of audiophile speakers ... you need the input source music to also be very high quality as opposed to VBR mp3 'cos otherwise the speakers throw up all the unwanted artifacts of mp3. Same with the 7D - its unforgiving; I've had to buckle up with my technique.

Hopefully I'll be getting an 85 f/1.8 and an extension tube (been wanting to dabble into macros for a long long time ... ). Your macro shots in one of the other threads is quite nice. One of my favourites on dpreview for macro has been "brightcolours"

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/1177158792/photos#page=8

zambie's gear list:zambie's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow