In reply to Tom Lusk, Nov 14, 2012

Tom Lusk wrote:

il_alexk wrote:

awaldram wrote:

Only £1,099.00
Buy

perception is often different to truth

Buy Only £799.00

The original post complaint was about US Pentax pricing policy, so UK prices are irrelevant.

Anyway, have you tried checking B&H prices to check if your perception is aligned with the truth?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Alex

Hmmmm. Looks like the U.K and U.S. have different views on value when it comes to these two lenses.

As per B & H:

the Nikon with hood, case, 5 year warranty is $1399.00. 98 % of the 284 reviewers would recommend this lens.

The Pentax is $1421 plus $44.00 if you need/want a hood.You get a one year warranty. Just 83 % of the 91 reviewers would recommend this lens. Probably SDM related.

It's weird I fail to understand Pentax US strategy, I understand the reasoning but the implementation seems destined to alienate their own customer.

In the UK we get hood and 2 year warranty.

I would have thought to sugar the pill of rationalizing pricing structures they could easily have thrown a 2-5 year warranty in.

I mean it only has a $20 value so when you increasing the real price the customer pays by a couple of hundred buck whats $20 ??

Unless there deliberately trying to divest themselves of the bargain basement snipers and moaners their policy seems sure to hurt them.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow