Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alsnowman
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
D7000 Deal too good to be true?
Nov 14, 2012

I have been lurking on here for a bit now and looking at and trying out a few different Nikon and Canon cameras.  I will shoot primarily landscapes, streetscapes, birds/wildlife and some sports.  After all of my research and testing I have decided to move forward on a purchase of the D7000.

I was pretty much set on purchasing the camera body (foregoing the kit lenses) and then purchasing maybe 1-2 high quality lenses (and add more down the line).  Best Buy stores here in the US have what appears to be a good deal D7000.  The sale price is $999 US with the inclusion of a 18-105mm VR Nikon kit lense.  This price is pretty much what I was seeing for pricing for the D7000 body only.

Best Buy is also offering another deal on the D7000 that is priced at $1249 US and it includes the D7000, the 18-105mm VR Nikon lense and an additional Nikon - AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR lense.

While both of these deals seem great and the lenses will cover a very wide variety of shooting opportunities, but are the quality of the lenses good enough to ake this a great deal?  Is it too good to be true?  Would I be better off sticking with my initial plan to buy the body and add stand alone lenses rather than these kit lenses?

Alsnowman's gear list:Alsnowman's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow