Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brad72
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
A57 lens choice help
Nov 14, 2012

Hi guys and gals.   I have read so many threads and to be honest feel like my head is going to explode from information overload.

I am new to photography and want to replace my 16-50 kit lens and thought the 16-50 f2.8 ssm would be good, but has some weird distortion, but have also read very good things about the Sam 35 f1.8 prime lens as a do it all with great sharpness etc.

Primarily I want a good walk around lens and something with low light performance for taking pictures of the family indoors without my big flash, and outdoor scenery shots.  I do take some macro shots of flowers also just to mix things up.  The 55-200 kit lens serves my fine for longer shots.  I have also looked at the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and the sigma 24-70 f2.8

So if I were to buy one lens which would you go for.  Budget wise I don't want to spend too much and I can get the 35mm for $180 and the others  for around $400.

thanks for your help.

Brad72's gear list:Brad72's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM +2 more
Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow