Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,819Gear list
Like?
Re: Best zoom for light weight travel?
In reply to Playapixie, Nov 14, 2012

Playapixie wrote:

Gregm61 wrote:

Playapixie wrote:

If you could only cary one zoom for travel, what would it be?

Just get the 45mm f1.8 and take the three primes. It's the only lens that fits all that criteria, except for the zoom part.

No micro zoom meets your stated specs.

That's a reasonable suggestion and one I'll seriously consider.

After having traded away quality for small size & weight and regretted it, I'd go back to bigger if something otherwise closely matches my wish list. I was honestly not expecting fast, either, but one can dream...

There is one micro zoom that might meet your specs, but at a cost. The Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8. Wider, but possibly not quite as long as you might want.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/865111-REG/Panasonic_H_HS12035_Lumix_G_X_Vario.html

This past May I took the 12mm f2, 25mm f1.4 and 45mm f1.8 to Paris for 10 days with my E-P3. For days of wondering through the city, museums, chateaus, catacombes and Metro system it was perfect.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow