Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
WCguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 945Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 first run sold out in Canada already
In reply to sroute, Nov 14, 2012

sroute wrote:

Threshold Tech wrote:

As of this moment, the RX1 is now showing an availability of "around 03/05/2013" on the website. That's quite a delay! On the plus side, the EVF is now available for pre-order.

That date showed up on their site a while back too - it's what prompted this thread in the first place. At that time I had a RX1 on pre-order from Sony.CA direct (I'm now going through a pro photography retailer) and my order ETA date remained unchanged (actually advanced a little), suggesting to me they'd sold out all their allocation.

RC wrote:

I ordered mine, with an estimated availability of end of November, over a month ago and what annoys me a little bit is the fact, that Sony already took my money (credit card charge), only a week after I ordered the camera. This is pretty unusual for pre-orders over here but apparently Sony handles things a little bit different.

I've bought a number of cameras direct from Sony in Canada, including via the pre-order process, and they never charge until the item ships. Could it be a mistake on Sony.DE's part, one they'd be willing to correct?

Just to make sure, I called Sony and they said my order is on schedule for 12/12/12, and my Electronic Viewfinder is scheduled for delivery on 12/03/12. The new date supposedly is for new orders, and as you stated this happened before,so who knows maybe they keep getting more cameras available and change the date accordingly,as long as I get mine on the time they verified or close to it,I will be happy.Also as you stated Sony will not take payment from our cards until the product has been received at their end and invoiced.One thing our credit card company does, is  guarantee the payment the minute we approve pre-order.The funds are set aside in protection for Sony unless we cancel.One cannot use that amt. if their card is maxed out, you would have to cancel your order for the amt. to be reactivated into your card and that isn't done instantaneously.   WC

-- hide signature --

It's What You Learn After You Know It All That Counts !

WCguy's gear list:WCguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 AW1 +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow