Photo Challenge Questions/Comments

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan Marchant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,678Gear list
Like?
Re: Photo Challenge Questions/Comments
In reply to mrsawyer, Nov 14, 2012

What is the purpose of your challenge? Is it to just have people post nice photos or is it to actually challenge people to get out and take photos which may not be within their normal comfort zone?

A loose theme will result in nicer looking pictures because it is easier for people to take one of their best pictures and come up with a reason why it fits the theme. There is no challenge, thus nothing to learn - it is just an exercise in mutual back patting. A narrower theme provides more of a challenge and, because it is harder to meet, the results may not always be such great pictures. However those who choose to participate will learn/develop more as a photographer from the latter. - This of course assumes that the challenge limits you to images taken within a fixed window of time and doesn't simply allow people to go back through 8 years of photos to find one that fits.

-- hide signature --

Dan
-
I love my girlfriend, my dog and my canon 5DIII - even though none of them ever do what I tell them
I am learning photo graphee - see the results at www.danmarchant.com

Dan Marchant's gear list:Dan Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow