ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Corker2
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Vivirtar 500mm Mirror Lens
Nov 14, 2012

Greeting from the USA here in PA.

A number of weeks ago, I had purchased a Vivitar 500mm Mirror Lens that came with a 2x Teleconveter and 3 different Filters.  Since I have never used a Mirror Lens such as this I had really no idea on just how well this would be with my Pentax K100D DSLR.

I have been taking this Lens out on, what I call, a "learning process" to get to know how this Lens will work.  Since you can not change to AV Setting and always is a fixed apature setting of f/4.  I've been having some trouble with this Lens and can't seem to get the settings right or even know where I should start.  Everything that I seem to try just does not work out well.

I've been reading that this 500mm Lens does good Images, but just how to get them that way is what I have a big problem with.  I don't want to get rid of it, because I know that this Lens will do well.

If you have any suggestions on just how to use this kind of Lens, I would be more than grateful.  Thanks for your help in advance.

-- hide signature --

Les Barr

Corker2's gear list:Corker2's gear list
Pentax K100D Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Utltimate +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K100D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow