Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peteo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,570Gear list
Like?
Would a Teleconverter help?
Nov 14, 2012

This time of year in Upper Michigan doesn't leave much to be desired for scenery with the leaves gone and the sky being grey most of the time.  However until the snow arrives it's a good time to work on getting some bird pictures while hanging out at camp.  In a nutshell the Chickadees are easy as you can get within 2 feet, but the others are a bit more difficult.

Attached is a picture of a Downy Woodpecker and a Bald Eagle taken with my K5 and 55 - 300 mm kit lens that came with my Kr.  It's a good combo but for getting up close to Bald Eagles it's seriously lacking.  I can't afford a Bigma but was wondering if a good teleconverter might help out or hinder the clarity?  Perhaps on a sunny day it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Both have been cropped to bring them in closer with some quick PPing.

Thanks Peteo

Peteo's gear list:Peteo's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +8 more
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-r Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow