Profile Issues Please Help

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,505Gear list
Like?
Happy Happy Joy Joy Problem Solved
In reply to SaltLakeGuy, Nov 14, 2012

and it was pathetically simple. I came home from work determined to make this work. I first went into the monitor settings and set brightness and contrast to 50% (as it was 100% brightness which nearly blinded me). I then went and set Gamma to "Normal" and other settings to either normal or factory. THEN I re calibrated my screen with the Spyder once more. This time I noticed right away I no longer had the blindingly bright offensive high contrast whites. They were white but not piercing bright. Colors were still accurate. Now I then opened up my Lightroom and low and behold my pictures were dark and required adjustment. I redid them accordingly till they looked like what I'd want a print to look like. Took a 4x6 glossy for a sample and voila'...they looked EXACTLY like what I saw on my screen, colors were dead on and the brightness and contrast were as close as paper can get to a screen (darned close) I proceeded to correct several more and print some large prints on 2 different types of paper (glossy and luster) switching accordingly on Lightrooms profile. Dead on in ALL cases. Whew!!!! what a relief not to need to pay out $500 for a calibration tool and such. The colors are super accurate so now I'm thrilled once again. NO glitch in Windows 8 nor the drivers. All's well that ends well. Thanks guys

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow