Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PatBranch
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Still No Wireless Video Remotes?
Nov 14, 2012

I'm getting a T4i pretty soon to use as a B camera for video work. I'm looking for a non infrared wireless solution. I've seen ways to do it with laptop at the camera and a phone app, but I need a more minimal, quicker setup. I shoot mountain biking and snowboarding, often times in bad weather or with a small window before security shows up at an urban spot. Having to set up a laptop with it would be ridiculous. I can't use IR because the B camera could be up a hill or in a tree while I could be 200' away. If I have the main camera on a jib or a steadicam, I want to be able to reliably start and stop the other camera and focus on the main camera.

I have a remote I use for still photos that works every time. I can't imagine having to use IR on a remote camera. Does anyone have any experience with IR extenders? I could set up one on the camera, pointing at the sensor with a bracket and one with me that I fire the remote into. I'd like to be able to use the remote with my 1D as well, if possible.

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow