Where is the DP GOLD review of A99?

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Questions thread
J Birn
Contributing MemberPosts: 678Gear list
Like?
Silver coming soon...
In reply to BMWX5, Nov 14, 2012

I think the a99 review is just around the corner.

I know Sony SLT cameras have been winning a lot of Gold awards.People on this forum are getting used to them, after a55 won the Gold, a57 won the Gold, and a65 won the Gold. These Gold awards have been for performance that is not only excellent, but clearly exceeds other cameras in their price class. Compare the shooting speeds of Canon or Nikon cameras in the price class of those cameras, and you can see the clear leadership position.

The a99 is an amazing camera in many ways. I love mine. But it isn't yet in the category-killer zone where it greatly out-paces all competing offerings in a similar price range. It's just another camera that could be the right choice for some users, and that usually turns into a Silver review. I see this just like giving something a 4-star review on Amazon, when you have a great product overall with just a few things that might be better for a camera in its price range, that has Silver written all over it.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy Birn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow