XPro1 vs NEX-6 hands on review

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
S.A.
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,072
Like?
Re: More thoughts on NEX-6
In reply to a l b e r t, Nov 14, 2012

a l b e r t wrote:

In the samples I provided, the NEX-6 has much greater shadow details in the greenery on the lower left and also more details in the clouds. It does appear that the DR is wider than the Fuji (NEX6 at ISO 100 and XPro1 at ISO 400). Fuji's bag of tricks to increase DR is by software manuiplation, but the result is a slight decrease in contrast and slight increase in noise even for ISO 800.

Yes it's quite obvious. Look at the water as well. In the Fuji pic, the detail is gone. I've been looking hard at everything I can find on these two systems and have ended up ordering the NEX. I really wanted to pick the X system so bad because of the retro style body and controls. Also, that kit zoom looks like a real winner and the primes lineup is perfect.

There are tons of user impressions out there claiming that the image quality is better than other APS-C systems and on par with FF, but I kept looking at image after image and I just don't see anything to back up this claim. Still might end up buying an XE-1 at some point to go along with the NEX anyway, it's just so damn sexy. And NEX doesn't have a standard zoom to compete with the Fuji zoom yet. Ha, I'm still trying to talk myself into it!

-- hide signature --

Scott A.
A few pics

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow