Brand New XZ-2 Review in PhotoReview Australia with particularly stunning test result!!!

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
chafouin
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Re: Brand New XZ-2 Review in PhotoReview Australia with particularly stunning test result!!!
In reply to KDM, Nov 14, 2012

Oh please, be objective... I've been waiting months for the XZ-2, was hoping for a killer camera. Unlike you I went to the shop to test it, took samples, post processed them in Lightroom and Olympus Viewer. I don't even own a RX100, I'm certainly not a fanboy, otherwise I would have already bought it months ago instead of waiting for the XZ-2,  but I can see in tests that the image quality is just better, period.

That said, if you just post your pics on flickr, the XZ-2 image quality is definitely good enough. If you don't care about video, the XZ-2 is a great camera.

About the low light performances, they are better than the XZ-1, pics are usable until ISO 1600. But according to my test and to my eyes (which worth nothing, go to the shop and try it yourself, that's always the best thing you can do), ISO 3200 is terrible. Also the sensor doesn't perform as good as the P7700 and the G15 in low light. They also have both better noise reduction, so it's not the best 1/1.7" sensor camera either in terms of sensor quality (DxO mark if you prefer), if you don't want me to compare to the RX100.

But the XZ-2 has lots of other advantages: touchscreen, very fast focus with touch shutter, lens is brighter than the P7700 and can compensate the high ISO performance, tilting screen that the G15 doesn't have.

The review would have not be biased if it had said that the XZ-2 image quality was lower than the RX100, but that the camera had a lot of other features that deserve to be looked at. The XZ-2 might even deserve a better overall mark than the RX100 for its photographic capabilities, but not for the image quality. Also these reviews seem to never take the movie capabilities in account.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow