Like?
Re: How so?
In reply to TrojMacReady, Nov 14, 2012

TrojMacReady wrote:

Michaels7 wrote:

TrojMacReady wrote:

BMWX5 wrote:

BMWX5 wrote:

Many other professional photography websites already had published their own review. I can't wait DP...Platinum award!

Now that the D600 review is out, I have a feeling, A99 is next. The final score should beat D600 easily since the cons of D600 is not an issue in Sony A99.

You're assuming it won't have negatives that the D600 does not suffer (or less) from....

Not to mention the elephant in the room that is called price, since ratings are always in the context of a certain price. If all had been equal, the price alone would make it score lower. Luckily (for the A99?) we're talking ceteris non paribus here.

When Sony's price target is the 5D III and D800. 5D cost more with a similar size sensor. Sony has more bells and whistles than the D600 with the same sensor. If price comes up as too expensive, imo Dpreview fails.

Like I said, all else is not equal, so the A99 can score points vs the D600, but it will also lose in certain areas compared to the D800 and 5DmkIII, no doubt.

Yeah I got that. I was asking from a pricing position. The other things I've already concluded will get pluses over the others and minuses compared to the others.

Michaels7's gear list:Michaels7's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow