Just posted: Our D600 in-depth review

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Meganrogers
Regular MemberPosts: 250
Like?
Re: Just posted: Our D600 in-depth review
In reply to salamander1, Nov 14, 2012

salamander1 wrote:

oh, with all due respect to D600 owners, this is ugly. such a mess and only at f/11. imagine what would the image look like at f/22. simply unacceptable. wet cleaning your sensor every 30 shots? no, thank you very much, nikon. i have owned a 5D3 since last june and i am yet to find a single spec of dust on its sensor on any aperture. it is true that i don't use my camera in a hard professional manner and i change lenses very carefully because i am not pressed for time to either take that shot or die, but, still, i have taken more than 30 000 pictures, which is quite a bit, and, still, i can't find anything on the sensor in the way of dust or debris, just a few dead pixels. it's as if the camera is hermetic. happy me.

a modest 5D3 owner. thank you very much.

Salamander again?  What you forgot to tell everyone is your procedure when changing a lens on your wonderful 5Dmk3

1. First wipe everything down with an anti-static cloth

2.Then you place the camera in a slightly dampened ziplock bag

3. remove lens then mount the new lens inside of the bag

Did I get that right?  Do I need a full size turkey bag if I want to install my 400mm/5.6? ... 300/2.8 need a slightly moistened garbage bag? What do you "moisten" them with?

I use a lot of Canon equipment and can show you dust on a 5D3.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow