G5 vs GH2 - Owners of both please tell me your opinions of them.

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ann Chaikin
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,822Gear list
Like?
G5 vs GH2 - Owners of both please tell me your opinions of them.
Nov 14, 2012

I had two GH2s which I sold and bought a new G5 which arrived today. (I am also getting a GH3.) The GH3 and G5 are going on safari with me and I wanted new cameras for the trip. I take lots of photos and was concerned about the older cameras coming up with problems before I took off.

Anyhow the G5 came today and my first impression is not wonderful. It feels much more plastic than my older GH2s did. And the menus are kind of cheesy though easy to follow. I miss some of the buttons on the GH2. Users of both cameras, please give me your opinion after using them for some time. I'm considering returning the G5 and getting a GH2 instead. What do you think?

Thanks.

Ann Chaikin's gear list:Ann Chaikin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow