Looking for thoughts

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
exdeejjjaaaa
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,767Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for thoughts
In reply to Swamp Duck, Nov 13, 2012

Swamp Duck wrote:

And this is precisely what I was thinking. At what price/size does it become less advantageous
to stay with m4/3? For $1300(SRP of GH3), that was what I was pondering, not stirring the pot or complaining...just trying to have a discussion, on a discussion forum no less.

some people select the system based on the cost, some based on other features... the mere fact that GH3 has MSRP USD $1300 does not mean that there are no cameras here below that price point that can match GH3 even w/o so many external controls or its handling... on the contrary - we have a lot of people here in m43 who prefer EM5' kitsch look, chaotic pile of its grips, small microscopic controls, etc and its cheaper !!!

PS: certainly EM5 has features that GH3 can only wish for regardless whether you need that or not - I am talking about some firmware implemented features that you do not have to use if you do not want to use, unlike its external pukes design

exdeejjjaaaa's gear list:exdeejjjaaaa's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow