From NEX to SLT...am I mad??

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Timmy Fox
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: From NEX to SLT...am I mad??
In reply to Elyharbour, Nov 13, 2012

My first "real" camera was a NEX 5, I got it when I first decided to get into photography and it has honestly served me very nicely. I got the LA EA1 and the A-mount 55-200 (love that lens) and has 99% of the time used MF only (focus peaking! <3).

I decided about 2 years after I had gotten the NEX (a few months ago from time of writing) it was time to go up a level and bought the a77 with the 16-50 f2.8. I am overly satisfied with it really. I still have my NEX 5 for the nice compactness of it, though I have found myself not using it as much any more as I had initially intended. I'm just too much in love with the a77!

I wouldn't say you're mad, compared to an SLR or SLT the NEX's are really compact and easy to carry. The tradeoff however is that they lack the control that an SLR or SLT has. My a77 has a button or dial for more or less everything I can think of that I can find myself using in the field. The NEX however, despite having a nice way with the customizable buttons that, I still find myself more often needing to set the camera up more before I can take the shot. It simply requires more button presses.

-- hide signature --

~Timmy Fox~

Timmy Fox's gear list:Timmy Fox's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A77 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow