Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,373Gear list
Like?
Re: What Photo Printer Do You Use?
In reply to intensity studios, Nov 13, 2012

intensity studios wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

You mentioned "if you are in mac", does this mean that since i am in windows, when the print window comes up, i should or should not be able to access the Manual color adjustment box and the "little sliders" should be greyed out too??

I really couldn't tell you about windows because I never use windows for photo work.I am sure the menus look a bit different.

But those color sliders in the print window are controlling how the printer driver manages color. Since you should letting photoshop (or paint shop pro in your case) manage the color, then you should not really adjust those color sliders in the print menu. By the time you reach the print menu, you should already have the image on the screen that you are satisfied with, so you don't want the print driver doing its own thing.

-- hide signature --

i might just delete and re-install that photo software and see what happens, maybe i did select a simple installation setup, will try to install the custom install.  Right now what i am doing is setting MAGENTA down quite a bit, i was getting way too much reddish prints, now i have it set to -10 and is good, i will continue adjusting it for that might be too much on the negative side.

Thanks again.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow