Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 728Gear list
Like?
Sony Service!
Nov 13, 2012

Well, I know there have been a few complaints about Sony Service out of Laredo Texas, but I can say that they were exemplary in there service for me.

I sent in a a Nex VG20H camcorder, I also have a Nex7. My reason for sending it in is I had a dirty sensor, that I needed to clean, but I used the liquid method and it left a residue that I cloud not get off, So I decided to send it in to Sony to clean. Here is how it went and what I experienced.

First Call to Sony: Very pleasant, they took all the information they needed plus my request to have it cleaned with an estimate of around 90 dollars US. Plus shipping.

Three Days Later: Sony called to acknowledge they received my camcorder and that it was in the cue for service and a follow up email was sent to me with all the per-tenant info.

Five Days Later: Sony called me to acknowledge that my camcorder had shipped.

Two Days Later: I received my camcorder FedX, perfect condition, very well packaged, with 2 pages of pretty detailed info as to what they repaired and serviced to my camcorder.

Total days out of hand, 10 Days, which was what they told me on my first call to them.

What was the prognosis and the cost?

Well, I was pretty blown away. They did not even bother to clean the sensor! They completely replaced it!! That's right Replaced it, and they also replaced a Shutter unit.  I was quite surprised, Even better they covered it under warranty with only a $60.00 labor charge, and they also payed for the return shipping by FedEx.

Needless to say I'm very happy with the outcome of this service from Sony.

The way it was handled from start to finish, regardless of the warranty coverage and low cost, was very professional. Yeah Sony, hope your reading this, job well done! No I have no affiliation with Sony.

gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow