Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ElessarJD
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
Considering updrading from RX100 to NEX-5N or NEX-6
Nov 13, 2012

Hello all. I'm an entry level enthusiast, who's been searching for the best camera in low light, indoor situations, taking pictures of my 1 year old. This requires a fast camera that's good in low light. The catch being, I'm looking for portability for the occasional outdoor jaunt. So I started a year ago with a Canon S100, but wasn't happy with it's low light performance, so I recently upgraded to an RX100. The bigger sensor was a vast improvement, but still not great in low light situations.

So now I'm looking into a NEX-5N or NEX-6, using a pancake lens to hopefully make it more portable. I rarely zoom and noticed most of my pics with the RX100 are at the widest angle (28mm, although the details of the photos says the focal length is 10mm). I really like the manual settings the RX100 provides, which is why the NEX-6 is appealing to me. But at nearly double the cost of a NEX-5N, I'm not sure it's worth that much more.

So I guess my question boils down to, will I notice a big improvement in low light, high ISO performance with a NEX-5N over the RX100? If so, is there a good, fast pancake lens out there that can make this as portable as possible?

Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow