The biggest Sony negative: service and support

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alphamale77
Regular MemberPosts: 240Gear list
Like?
Re: Why would you call Sony?
In reply to taamberg, Nov 13, 2012

This reminds me back when we first heard rumors on the 100 "independent" focusing points, later we found out it was clustered in the center much like a77, then later we find out only a few lens works with the new feature AF-D...marketing over sell all the time, over may be we should be sorry for hoping sony to step up to the plate.

Be it BM's firmware issue or A99's issue, the experience you got simply showed bad service from sony. I had to service my La-ea2 adapter once and i took it to the sony store in NY and get them to ship it to the facility for me, it was suppose to be a 2 weeks fix, which is pretty long. I never heard back after 2 weeks and i called support and they said they don't have it, so i called sony NY store and they said they sent it. Apparently the service center doesn't even have a code for La-ea2 (this is nearly two years after the product came to market) and the store sent it as a SAL 50mm and somehow lost in transition. In the end i got a new one from the sony NY store after a month of hassel, the manager was helpful in the end, but it still meant i couldn't use my nex7 as a backup for my a77 for jobs during those times. best part is after a week of usage the same issue came up again in the adapter. (if you shake it you hear things are loose in it, which shouldn't be the case) I've kept it since it still worked because i can't afford to go through all that hassle again.

Lucky for those who got good support, but if sony wants to be taken seriously in pro market they need to step up. It not like we even have an option to pay for pro membership to get a good service. Canikon user has that choice at least.

Alphamale77's gear list:Alphamale77's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow