Looking for thoughts

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,049Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for thoughts
In reply to Swamp Duck, Nov 13, 2012

Swamp Duck wrote:

And this is precisely what I was thinking. At what price/size does it become less advantageous
to stay with m4/3? For $1300(SRP of GH3), that was what I was pondering, not stirring the pot or complaining...just trying to have a discussion, on a discussion forum no less.

Price/size is not what I really would be looking at.  I would be looking at price/handing/IQ.  If the new GH3 handles and has the image quality of a Canon 7D then it will be a big hit. Being the size of an entry level Rebel would just be a bonus.  Now if it handles and has the image quality of an entry level Rebel plus same size. Then the $500 Rebel will be a winner.

It is still too early to know those things.  I really hope it will handle like a high-end dslr and image quality that is close to a high-end dslr.  The extra size should really help in the camera handling.  I am looking forward to doing some remote control photography using the GH3 and my smart phone.

Now if you are a person that value small size over handling then there are still plenty of mft choices.

I guess we will know those things when the camera finally reaches the users.  Until then it is just a debate that has no real answers just a lot of personal opinions.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow